- A modest $32 million investment resulted in a 3 theater facility, valued at $100 million.
- Project revitalized an old, deteriorated civic center.
- Constructed a new world-class, acoustically-superb symphony hall by carving out part of the old
- Engineering challenges included, but are not limited to:
- Total isolation of new symphony hall, acoustically & structurally. Sound abating
- Interface with existing & new construction.
- Overcome unfavorable old river subsoil & underground structures.
- Meet current stringent hurricane requirements.
- Architectural finish, load bearing precast wall panels & post-tensioned two tier balconies.
- Created a more vibrant downtown Jacksonville with symphony & performing arts. The permanent home
for the Jacksonville symphony orchestra.